- Fresh fettuccine for 2
- 4 TBLS Olive Oil
- 1 & 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1/3 cup sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- 10 fresh basil leaves - torn into small pieces
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- Toast the seeds on a baking sheet in a hot oven or under the broiler until their brown and fragrant. Set aside to cool a bit.
- Boil plenty of water for the fettuccine. When it's ready toss the noodles in with a little salt. Drain.
- While the water's boiling/noodles are cooking, heat up the olive oil in a skillet.
- Toss in the peas, minced garlic and basil and cook stirring frequently for about 7 minutes.
- Combine all of the cooked ingredients in a big bowl and toss, adding black pepper if you'd like.