- 1 medium organic onion - diced
- 2 cloves organic garlic - minced
- 1 lb natural ground pork
- 1/2 cup organic raisins
- 1 - 28 oz can organic diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup organic green olives from the deli section - chopped
- From the cupboard - 1 Tbls chili powder, 2 Tbls red wine vinegar, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp ground ginger, 1 tsp salt
- 1 can organic black beans
- 1 box organic Mexican rice
- Put the rice on to cook according to the directions (or cook from scratch if you've got the time...I recommend Rick Bayless Red Rice Recipe if you're cooking from scratch).
- Throw the onion, pork and garlic in the pan and cook for about 5 minutes until the pork begins to brown. Don't worry about adding any oil, the oil from the pork will be great to cook the veggies in. Stir the pork around and crumble it up really good!
- Add the raisins, spices and vinegar to the pan and stir it all together.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated from the pan, leaving a nice spicy coating of goodness on the meat.
- Drain the Black Beans and add them to the red rice for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Add the green olives and stir