Serves 4 for dinner or 6 as a before meal
- 1 Medium Organic Onion - chopped
- 1 Large Organic Carrot - diced
- 1 rib of celery - chopped
- 1 bell pepper - seeded & chopped
- 32 oz Organic Free Range Chicken Broth
- 1 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 2 large tomatoes - chopped
- 1 chicken breast - cooked and chopped
- From the cupboard - 1 cup milk, cayenne pepper, salt & pepper
- Cook the Chicken (I like to grill it if the weather cooperates)
- Heat oil in a saucepan and toss in the onion, celery, carrot and bell pepper. Cook until the onion is translucent - about 10 minutes
- Stir in the flour and slowly add the chicken broth. Bring to a boil while stirring constantly to avoid lumps
- Add the peanut butter and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Throw in the tomatoes, chicken and milk. Season with the salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to taste and simmer for another 30 minutes.