Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Organic Recipes on a Budget

Hey Anyone out there!

A couple of years ago my wife and I decided what we were putting into our bodies was important enough to switch to mostly organic foods. I do most of the cooking for our family, so that meant I was going to have to change the way I shopped. I'm a VERY Frugal shopper, so I tend to go for the cheaper item if it's available.

Shopping for only local organic ingredients added about 30% to our weekly food budget, but over the last couple of years I've fine tuned the art of eating well without having to spend gobs of money in the process.

This blog will be a place to share some of my tricks and recipes to help you enjoy good food for a reasonably good price. I work full time and we've got a little one who's frequently running around the kitchen while I cook, so not everything I make is from scratch (plus, sometimes I'm lazy) and I'll let you know what boxed/deli prepared foods I use to accompany my main dishes. If you did cook these things from scratch, you can save even more money.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment